*NOTICE: Due to limited staffing and COVID-19, we're experiencing longer than normal lead times.
Please expect a reply within 3-5 business days.
Starfire Direct COVID-19 Company Statement
To Our Valued Customers & Partners,
As all of us try to comprehend the gravity and impact of COVID-19 Coronavirus, we feel it is important to remain transparent and share with you what we are doing to help keep our community safe and healthy.
At Starfire Direct, we are taking this pandemic very seriously. We are following all recommendations from the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention and have implemented many protocols that should contribute to an effective solution of this matter. That is why we have made the decision for all non-essential personnel to work from home. Thankfully, Starfire Direct is predominantly an online company and many of the tools we use to provide customer and partner support can be done from most anywhere, creating very little loss of efficiency.
We do regret that our showroom will be closed during this time, which means walk in customers will need to reschedule their visit. We hope our customers recognize that this inconvenience is done out of compassion for you, family, friends, and community. However, our sales department is still available by phone, chat, or email Monday through Friday from 6am to 5:30pm, Saturday from 7am to 3:30pm, and Sunday from 8am to 3pm PST. Our sales department would be happy to answer any questions remotely and can even arrange for your order to be picked up or delivered. For everyone else outside of the southern California area, you should see little to no change at all.
All other operational staff will still be available remotely or onsite Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm PST, taking care of business in a timely fashion, just as we’ve always done.
Even before this unfortunate pandemic, Starfire Direct has always made cleanliness a top priority. In addition to our regularly scheduled professional facility cleanings, we’ve provided hand sanitizer stations throughout our building, as well as provided disinfecting products to all team members to regularly clean their personal spaces.
As a small family run business that receives ZERO government assistance for Paid Sick Leave, Paid Time Off, or Healthcare, Starfire Direct has always personally invested in these necessary benefits for our team, encouraging them to stay home, get rest and heal at any sign of sickness. Without the stress of lost income, our team can focus on personal health, which gets them back to work quickly with the peace of mind that they are valued. I believe this is simply the right thing to do.
I hope you will join us in our efforts! Remember to stay positive and know that little things add up to a lot of change. Help us in this fight to stop the spread of this terrible virus.
Thank you for taking the time to read this notice. Your patronage and support mean a great deal to our Starfire Direct family. We will continue to work hard for you every day, and provide necessary updates, so check back often! As always, your questions and comments are encouraged and appreciated.
COVID-19 Order Status Impact
Thank you shopping with Starfire Direct! I wanted to update you on the status of our orders. Although most of the items on our website are showing “In Stock” with a specified shipping lead time, we are experiencing higher than normal lead times due to COVID-19 and your order may be delayed just a few days past what we originally anticipated.
Why are things taking longer than normal?
1. With many families staying home right now, we’re seeing that they are using this time to fix up their homes for summer. This has caused a huge surge of orders for fire pits, DIY items, BBQ’s, umbrellas, etc. We anticipate this trend lasting through summer, since many vacations have been canceled and families are opting for “Staycation” instead.
2. Starfire Direct Administrative and Sales staff are working from home. Being an online business, we were already geared to help our customers with sales, customer service, order processing, inventory control, accounting, etc., despite working from home. I’m quite proud of how much our team is accomplishing every day while working from home. In fact, I believe our efficiency may be greater than in the office!
3. Starfire Direct Warehouse staff is working at our headquarters, tirelessly processing and shipping orders ASAP. They have been working nights and weekends to make sure that we’re shipping out orders as fast as humanly possible. Without these fine associates, we couldn’t accomplish what we do. This team is the backbone of our business and deserve our respect and praise!
4. Our Suppliers and 3rd party Vendors are dealing with the same issues around the world. Even if we process your order the second it comes in, there’s a chance that we may need a part or item from one of our suppliers to complete your order. If they are experiencing the same delays that we are, that means that we experience longer delays despite doing everything correctly. If they are backordered, we have to source elsewhere to complete your order.
These are just a few of the obvious reasons, but there are many more layers that we have to take into consideration. As you are well aware, COVID-19 has changed everything, and it happened over night! We are doing our best to adapt to these changing circumstances, while keeping everyone safe and fulfilling your orders.
What can you do to help?
1. Be patient with us. Your order will indeed ship soon. As soon as it does, you will receive an automated email with the tracking information.
2. Calling or emailing before you receive our tracking email only extends hold times for other customers that need our technical or administrative advice. Calling will not get your order out any faster. Again, please be patient with us. You will be notified when your order ships.
3. If your item is on backorder or unavailable, we will reach out to you by phone or email with new options or ideas to complete your order. If this happens, we will also have information regarding lead times if you decide to switch your items. If we don’t reach out to you, that means your order is fine and you’ll be getting your order soon!
4. Our posted lead times online is the best information we have at the time. If a lead time says 3-5 days, please expect it to take the full 5 days. At the same time, don’t be surprised if it takes 7 days to ship instead. By having this expectation now, you won’t be disappointed or feel that we let you down.
What should I do while waiting for my order to arrive?
Take advantage of our blogs, tutorials, videos, and advice that we offer on our website! We offer countless tools to help you with your project. Take some time to do some homework so that you’re ready to go when your order arrives.
We really do appreciate your business and know that you’re excited to receive your order. Rest assured our entire Starfire Direct team is working around the clock to get your order out the door and in your hands. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your summer!
Starfire Direct, Inc.