Terms & Conditions
REVISION AND MODIFICATION OF THE AGREEMENT
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
It is assumed that by using Starfire Direct you agree that all content such as photos, text, graphics are copyrights with the copyrights being owned exclusively by Starfire Direct. You are however allowed to print hardcopies of the content for the sole purpose of placing an order.
This Web Site, including all Materials present (excluding any applicable third party materials), is the property of “Starfire Direct” and is copyrighted and protected by worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions. You hereby agree to comply with all copyright laws worldwide in your use of this Web Site and to prevent any unauthorized copying of the Materials. “Starfire Direct” does not grant any express or implied rights under any patents, trademarks, copyrights or trade secret information. All trademarks, services marks, trade names, logos, and icons are proprietary to “Starfire Direct”. Nothing contained on the website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark displayed on this website without the written permission of “Starfire Direct” or such third party that may own the trademarks displayed on this website. Your use of the trademarks displayed on this website, or any other content on this website, except as provided herein, is strictly prohibited. Images displayed on this website are either the property of, or used with permission by, “Starfire Direct”. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless for the purposes of placing an order or specifically permitted herein. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes. Unless otherwise stated, this clause shall override the privacy statement. “starfire Direct” has business relationships with thousands of customers, suppliers and others. For convenience and simplicity, words like joint venture, partnership, and partner are used to indicate business relationships involving common activities and interests, and those words may not indicate precise legal relationships.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
It should be noted that Starfire Direct is by no means liable to the use or misuse of products sold on www.starfiredirect.com. Our technical advice and direction is provided as a courtesy and the technical sales staff is not liable to the product details or the misuse of products sold on/by starfiredirect.com. Starfiredirect.com recommends that all products be installed by a licensed professional or under the supervision of said professional. We advise our customers to install all products based on local law and code. Starfire Direct disclaims and is not liable for claims of damage, injury, and cost suffered by the installation or use of products sold by/on starfiredirect.myshopify.com.
SMS/MMS MOBILE MESSAGE MARKETING PROGRAM TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. User Opt In: The Program allows Users to receive SMS/MMS mobile messages by affirmatively opting into the Program, such as through online or application-based enrollment forms. Regardless of the opt-in method you utilized to join the Program, you agree that this Agreement applies to your participation in the Program. By participating in the Program, you agree to receive autodialed or prerecorded marketing mobile messages at the phone number associated with your opt-in, and you understand that consent is not required to make any purchase from Us. While you consent to receive messages sent using an autodialer, the foregoing shall not be interpreted to suggest or imply that any or all of Our mobile messages are sent using an automatic telephone dialing system (“ATDS” or “autodialer”). Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies.
2. User Opt Out: If you do not wish to continue participating in the Program or no longer agree to this Agreement, you agree to reply STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE, or QUIT to any mobile message from Us in order to opt out of the Program. You may receive an additional mobile message confirming your decision to opt out. You understand and agree that the foregoing options are the only reasonable methods of opting out. You acknowledge that our text message platform may not recognize and respond to unsubscribe requests that alter, change, or modify the STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE or QUIT keyword commands, such as the use of different spellings or the addition of other words or phrases to the command, and agree that Starfire Direct and its service providers will have no liability for failing to honor such requests. You also understand and agree that any other method of opting out, including, but not limited to, texting words other than those set forth above or verbally requesting one of our employees to remove you from our list, is not a reasonable means of opting out.
3. Program Description: Without limiting the scope of the Program, users that opt into the Program can expect to receive messages concerning the marketing, promotion, payment, delivery and sale of [Describe company’s goods/service offerings - this should be broad and general to encompass any type of message you may send. Messages outside of this scope may not be allowed under the TCPA]. Messages may include checkout reminders.
4. Cost and Frequency: Message and data rates may apply. You agree to receive messages periodically at Our discretion. Daily, weekly, and monthly message frequency will vary. The Program involves recurring mobile messages, and additional mobile messages may be sent periodically based on your interaction with Us.
5. Support Instructions: For support regarding the Program, text “HELP” to the number you received messages from or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the use of this email address is not an acceptable method of opting out of the program. Opt outs must be submitted in accordance with the procedures set forth above.
6. MMS Disclosure: The Program will send SMS TMs (terminating messages) if your mobile device does not support MMS messaging.
7. Our Disclaimer of Warranty: The Program is offered on an "as-is" basis and may not be available in all areas at all times and may not continue to work in the event of product, software, coverage or other changes made by your wireless carrier. We will not be liable for any delays or failures in the receipt of any mobile messages connected with this Program. Delivery of mobile messages is subject to effective transmission from your wireless service provider/network operator and is outside of Our control. Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered mobile messages.
8. Participant Requirements: You must have a wireless device of your own, capable of two-way messaging, be using a participating wireless carrier, and be a wireless service subscriber with text messaging service. Not all cellular phone providers carry the necessary service to participate. Check your phone capabilities for specific text messaging instructions.
9. Age Restriction: You may not use or engage with the Platform if you are under thirteen (13) years of age. If you use or engage with the Platform and are between the ages of thirteen (13) and eighteen (18) years of age, you must have your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to do so. By using or engaging with the Platform, you acknowledge and agree that you are not under the age of thirteen (13) years, are between the ages of thirteen (13) and eighteen (18) and have your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to use or engage with the Platform, or are of adult age in your jurisdiction. By using or engaging with the Platform, you also acknowledge and agree that you are permitted by your jurisdiction’s Applicable Law to use and/or engage with the Platform.
10. Prohibited Content: You acknowledge and agree to not send any prohibited content over the Platform. Prohibited content includes: - Any fraudulent, libelous, defamatory, scandalous, threatening, harassing, or stalking activity; - Objectionable content, including profanity, obscenity, lasciviousness, violence, bigotry, hatred, and discrimination on the basis of race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age; - Pirated computer programs, viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or other harmful code; - Any product, service, or promotion that is unlawful where such product, service, or promotion thereof is received; - Any content that implicates and/or references personal health information that is protected by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”) or the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (“HITEC” Act); and - Any other content that is prohibited by Applicable Law in the jurisdiction from which the message is sent.
11. Dispute Resolution: In the event that there is a dispute, claim, or controversy between you and Us, or between you and Stodge Inc. d/b/a Postscript or any other third-party service provider acting on Our behalf to transmit the mobile messages within the scope of the Program, arising out of or relating to federal or state statutory claims, common law claims, this Agreement, or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof, including the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, such dispute, claim, or controversy will be, to the fullest extent permitted by law, determined by arbitration in Temecula, California before one arbitrator. The parties agree to submit the dispute to binding arbitration in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) then in effect. Except as otherwise provided herein, the arbitrator shall apply the substantive laws of the Federal Judicial Circuit in which Starfire Direct’s principle place of business is located, without regard to its conflict of laws rules. Within ten (10) calendar days after the arbitration demand is served upon a party, the parties must jointly select an arbitrator with at least five years’ experience in that capacity and who has knowledge of and experience with the subject matter of the dispute. If the parties do not agree on an arbitrator within ten (10) calendar days, a party may petition the AAA to appoint an arbitrator, who must satisfy the same experience requirement. In the event of a dispute, the arbitrator shall decide the enforceability and interpretation of this arbitration agreement in accordance with the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”). The parties also agree that the AAA’s rules governing Emergency Measures of Protection shall apply in lieu of seeking emergency injunctive relief from a court. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding, and no party shall have rights of appeal except for those provided in section 10 of the FAA. Each party shall bear its share of the fees paid for the arbitrator and the administration of the arbitration; however, the arbitrator shall have the power to order one party to pay all or any portion of such fees as part of a well-reasoned decision. The parties agree that the arbitrator shall have the authority to award attorneys’ fees only to the extent expressly authorized by statute or contract. The arbitrator shall have no authority to award punitive damages and each party hereby waives any right to seek or recover punitive damages with respect to any dispute resolved by arbitration. THE PARTIES AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN AN INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY VIA ARBITRATION AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ARBITRATION PROCEEDING. Further, unless both parties agree otherwise in a signed writing, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. Except as may be required by law, neither a party nor the arbitrator may disclose the existence, content, or results of any arbitration without the prior written consent of both parties, unless to protect or pursue a legal right. If any term or provision of this Section is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Section or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction. If for any reason a dispute proceeds in court rather than in arbitration, the parties hereby waive any right to a jury trial. This arbitration provision shall survive any cancellation or termination of your agreement to participate in any of our Programs.
12. Florida Law: We endeavor to comply with the Florida Telemarketing Act and the Florida Do Not Call Act as applicable to Florida residents. For purposes of compliance, you agree that we may assume that you are a Florida resident if, at the time of opt-in to Program, (1) your shipping address, as provided is located in Florida or (2) the area code for the phone number used to opt-into the Program is a Florida area code. You agree that the requirements of the Florida Telemarketing Act and the Florida Do Not Call Act do not apply to you, and you shall not assert that you are a Florida resident, if you do not meet either of these criteria or, in the alternative, do not affirmatively advise us in writing that you are a Florida resident by sending written notice to us. Insofar as you are a Florida resident, you agree that mobile messages sent by Us in direct response to mobile messages or requests from You (including but are not limited to response to Keywords, opt-in, help or stop requests and shipping notifications) shall not constitute a “telephonic sales call” or “commercial telephone solicitation phone call” for purposes of Florida Statutes Section 501 (including but not limited to sections 501.059 and 501.616), to the extent the law is otherwise relevant and applicable.
13. Miscellaneous: You warrant and represent to Us that you have all necessary rights, power, and authority to agree to these Terms and perform your obligations hereunder, and nothing contained in this Agreement or in the performance of such obligations will place you in breach of any other contract or obligation. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein will not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. Any new features, changes, updates or improvements of the Program shall be subject to this Agreement unless explicitly stated otherwise in writing. We reserve the right to change this Agreement from time to time. Any updates to this Agreement shall be communicated to you. You acknowledge your responsibility to review this Agreement from time to time and to be aware of any such changes. By continuing to participate in the Program after any such changes, you accept this Agreement, as modified.
Statement on Typographical errors
It is possible that information appearing on starfiredirect.com, such as product attributes and pricing, may be incorrect by mistake. In this event, Starfire Direct reserves the right to refuse and/or cancel such orders. If already charged, the customer will be notified and have the option to pay the difference or cancel order. If the order is cancelled, the customer will receive a full refund of any money paid incorrectly. Starfire Direct reserves the right to change the sale price for any item at any time.
- Harassment via chat, email, or phone, in the form of abusive speech and language is not acceptable and will not be tolerated.
- Starfire Direct is not responsible for communications posted by site users in the way of product reviews etc Starfire Direct is not responsible for the content of third party websites accessed by links on starfiredirect.com (ex: facebook, twitter, etc)
- You agree to indemnify starfiredirect.com and all employees and related service providers from/ against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including attorney’s fees, resulting from any violation of these terms and conditions.
Starfire Direct is required to charge sales tax on all purchases shipped to California, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Michigan, and Washington. Sales tax is added to the merchandise total at checkout. We do not collect sales tax on orders made and shipped outside of these states.
For more information, please visit our Sales Tax Information web page.
Personal information is not sold or distributed by Starfire Direct. Customer information is for the sole purpose of purchasing and shipping.
International Customers (ex. Canadian) are responsible for all duties tariffs and customs fees
Starfiredirect.com does our best to portray all information needed to make an informed decision/purchase. Such as, photos, videos, text and more. Please note that product attributes and colors may vary slightly.
SHIPPING LEAD TIME
Most products on Starfiredirect.com our processed and ship within 2 – 7 business days of placing your order unless noted otherwise. Additionally, Starfire Direct may provide estimated leads on the website or over the phone. These lead times are estimated. Starfire Direct is not responsible for manufacturing delays, back orders, carrier delays, and delays caused by adverse weather conditions, etc. We do everything we can to process and ship your order as soon as possible. If you need a product by a certain date or time, please let us know this prior to placing your order so we can accommodate your needs.
Please report any violations of the TOU or make any comments by calling our toll-free number (866) 578-8538. You agree, however, that:
(i) by submitting unsolicited ideas to Starfire Direct or any of its employees or representatives, you automatically forfeit your right to any intellectual property rights in these ideas; and
(ii) ideas submitted to Starfire Direct or any of its employees or representatives automatically become the property of Starfire Direct. You hereby assign and agree to assign all rights, title and interest you have in such comments and ideas to Starfire Direct together with all intellectual property rights therein
If you have any questions about the TOU, please email us at: email@example.com or write us at :
42168 Remington Avenue
Temecula, CA 92590
When you visit our Site or send us any emails, you consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by email or by posting notices on this Site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically will satisfy any legal requirement that such communication be in writing.