How do Natural Gas and Liquid Propane compare?
- Usually has a lower purchase price than propane gas
- Lighter than air, dissipates into the atmosphere after combustion
- If your home already has appliances like a natural gas water heater or oven, natural gas logs will probably be an easy choice as your home is already set up for natural gas use
- Must be hard-piped to any appliance from a buried gas service line
- Natural gas service is not available in some areas
- Contains more carbon dioxide than natural gas and burns nearly three times hotter
- Can be operated independently of natural gas lines or appliances
- Can be used in areas where natural gas service is unavailable
- Generally more expensive than natural gas
- Usually requires installation of a dedicated tank outside of your home
- Often requires contracting with a propane dealer to refill your tank
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
The talented and knowledgeable staff of Starfire Direct pride themselves on being experts in the field of fire features, outdoor living, and beyond. Always at the forefront of upcoming trends and industry breakthroughs, the team at SD is ready and willing to help you make your dream space a reality, once piece at a time. Our business is helping you to Reignite Your Life.