To determine the correct size burner for your fireplace, please read our step-by-step blog article for more details.
If you're looking for sleek and ultra-modern fireplace, then look no further than the Rasmussen Indoor Alterna Vent-Free FireGlitter See-Thru Burner. It allows for the functionality of a traditional fireplace without the hassle of setting up and cleaning a ventilation system. While we do recommend keeping your glass door open for proper combustion, this fireplace burner doesn't need to be connected to a flue or other system, cutting down on installation time and cost.
Ideal for see-thru fireplaces, the steel chassis' double sided design ensures guests can enjoy the flames even from separate rooms. Designed for use with fire glass (sold separately), the Alterna features a unique opposed louver, lanced port burner that allows for a concentrated, efficient fire and complete combustion by designating the fire glass on the burner 'shroud' and leaving the actual burner free and clear of fire glass. Vent-free burners are typically used in approved vent-free fireplaces that do not have a designated ventilation system. Glass doors must be left wide open for proper ventilation, proper combustion, and cooling of safety control valves. Vent-free burners draw in air from your home and burn at a 99.99% combustion rate to allow for use indoors without ventilation. Although the Alterna Vent-Free burner system comes standard with a built-in manual control valve for easy operation, optional remote control upgrades are available. Regardless how you choose to customize the look of your fireplace, this vent-free burner system is certain to add an elegant, modern flair to your indoor living space.
- For Use with Fire Glass (Sold Separately)
- Double Sided Front View Design
- Opposed Louver, Lanced Port Burner Produces a Concentrated, Efficient Fire
- Black Finish Accentuates the Flames
- 16-Gauge Steel Construction
- Provides Supplemental Heat
- 20" Model Rated Up to 30,000 BTUS
- 24" and 30" Models Rated Up to 40,000 BTUs
- Fire Glass Capacity: 20" Model Holds 10 lbs, 24" Model Holds 12 lbs, 30" Models Holds 15 lbs
- ANSI Certified
- Works with Natural Gas or Propane
- Indoor Use Only
- 2 Year Limited Warranty
- Includes Burner, Grate, Safety Control, Oxygen Depletion Sensor Pilot, Connect and Fitting, and Damper Clamp
- Please See Specs Sheet for Dimensions
Please Note: The (SR-2R) On/Off Remote Control that is compatible with the Remote Ready Safety Control ignition option is sold separately.